Friday, March 6, 2009

Get your nerd on, old school

Here's me, waving my geek flag high and proud. The Castro Theater in San Francisco is doing an original-cast Star Trek movie marathon this weekend. Three double features: I and II tonight, III and IV on Saturday night, and V and VI on Sunday night.

I found out about the event this morning, while idly searching for movie times and procrastinating at work. Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country was the first Star Trek movie I saw in a theater, and I'm a little more excited to see the rest on the big screen than I probably ought to admit in a public space. The only question in my mind was whether the significant other would want to go just tonight, or for all three nights. I immediately made plans to get over to the theater as soon as I could after my classes ended, so I could get in line and get tickets before they sold out. I was checking my purse for change for the bus, looking up how long it would take me to get over there via public transit, and seeing if any of our friends would be interested in coming. Several emails, phone calls, text messages, and one MUNI ride across the city later, I arrived at the theater to find no line and a very bored-looking ticket clerk who assured me that yes, they still had plenty of seats left for the 7:00 show.

I guess I'm the only person in San Francisco who would assume that a Star Trek marathon would sell out... must be the way I was raised.

P.S. KHHHAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!

P.P.S. I promise, more knitting content soon. I have finished three more squares. And I need to share my haul from Stitches. Tomorrow morning I will get off my butt and photograph fibery goodness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was out of town, but if I weren't and I had known earlier, I would totally want to go! It would be so cool to see the older movies in a theater. I'd love to hear about it tonight.