Saturday, April 12, 2008

Bad blogger: A low-knitting content post

If you're here for the lovely photos, I'm sorry. I have a bunch of pix of me spinning, taken with the help of the significant other (back from the business trip), and they are trapped on the digital camera because I am a bad blogger and forgot my camera cable! As T-Rex would say, Dang! I also have some pictures of the second batch of Bitter Orange (still in singles form), and lots of mitered square blanket pictures to upload to Ravelry. Oh, and FO pictures of the Salish Sea Socks (long overdue).

In other news, now that significant other is back from Germany, he will be going again. They want him there to work on the project from the middle of May to the middle of August. THREE MONTHS, people! My job is in the education sector, and I happen to have my summer relatively free this year. So we're starting to plan that I will meet him in Germany at the beginning of June, after my grades are finished, and stay until the beginning of August. I'll probably come back a week or two before he does, just so I can get all set up and de-jet-lag before the fall term begins. So instead of spring break in Germany, I'm looking at more like 6-8 weeks! It's exciting and scary at the same time. We took a trip to London last year for 10 days, and it was incredible, but we also spoke the language and didn't have to worry about grocery shopping, doing laundry, or any of the normal day-to-day things that we'll have to figure out over the summer.

On the other hand, I will be staying a few hours from Munich by train. Do you know what this means? That's right. The Uncensored Knitters, and textile markets. There might be one in May, and one in July. I have the possibility to meet The Wollmeise herself, in person! Not to mention getting to bask in the beautiful colors she creates, and see them with my own two eyeballs. I'm all a-twitter just thinking about it.

No comments: